Sunday, May 15, 2011

My First Car

      I will never forget the first time I got to drive all alone without an adult it was like nothing I had ever experienced. The freedom was some of it but what was really incredible was the cold plastic steering wheel, the smell of cheap vinyl and dirty carpet, the sound of that 1972 Toyota Corona or the lack of sound, it wasnt a real hot rod but it still had four tires and ran on gasolline. whatever it was, it was awesome. I had my brother and his friend with me and we just drove around Lake Tapps like it was the first time we had been on those roads. Everything was better when I was behind the wheel. I did get pulled over that night for running a couple stop signs and doing 90 in a 35  but even as I handed my dad my brand new drivers license I was still happy that I had just spent three hours doing whatever behind the wheel of that little Toyota. 


Do you have a love of cars? Tell us what your first experience was that started that love.

No comments: